Are you looking for a one column WordPress theme?
A one column theme is great for simple-looking websites that are tremendously impactful to highlight the content to your viewers. Especially, if you are looking to build a landing page, then also you can consider a one column theme.
There are plenty of one column WordPress themes available in the market which can make it hard to filter out the suitable ones for your website.
To make your life easy, in this blog, we have listed down the best one column WordPress themes with their main features. So, let’s get started…
What is a one column WordPress Theme?
A one column WordPress theme, like the name suggests, uses a single-column layout for its design. These themes mostly focus on simple yet eye-catchy design without too much happening in one place which, at times, can lead to distraction.
Why should you go for a one column WordPress theme?
If you want to retain your viewer’s attention to your website and ensure that your viewers read the message written on the web page, then a one column WordPress theme is for you. Some of the reasons to use a one column WordPress theme include:
- One column WordPress themes are device responsive
- A great option for those who are looking to build text-heavy websites
- Full-width images look great on single column theme
- As one column themes are easy to use, they ensure good user-experience
- One column themes are extremely lightweight
- These kinds of themes are also SEO-friendly
What to look for in a one column WordPress theme?
While there are perks of using a one column WordPress theme, it will only be applicable if you choose the right theme. Just because a theme has a single-column layout, doesn’t mean it can be considered a good WordPress theme. Here are the things you need to look for in a one-column theme:
- While the single-column theme is usually responsive, still make sure it not only looks good but is great on all devices.
- Your theme also should be compatible with all the major browsers and their latest versions.
- Make sure the theme you are choosing is compatible with all the plugins you are going to use on your website.
- Proper documentation is crucial so you can set up your theme properly.
- If you are going for a paid theme, then make sure the support team is good enough so you can consult them when any issue arises.
- Buy your theme from a reputed theme author so there is no security threat.
Also read: Best WordPress Forum Themes to try
Best one column WordPress theme: List of top 7
Have a look at the best one column WordPress theme with their key features and prices :
If you are a professional looking to build a clean portfolio website to showcase your work and expertise, then you can choose Daisho. This is a flexible one column WordPress theme that is easy to use.
Moreover, this theme has a very stylish yet professional look to it which will help you highlight your achievements beautifully. This portfolio theme comes in two home page modes – Grid and Classic.
Moreover, the theme comes with the About Us, Services, and Team section along with a blog. On top of that, it also gives you the option to create your own custom design. So, whichever type of portfolio, you might be looking to build, this theme will be the right fit for that.
Key Features of Daisho:
- Device responsive and SEO-friendly theme
- Compatible with Gutenberg and WPML
- Works fine with popular plugins such as Contact form 7, LayerSlider, etc.
- Comes with two types of home layout
- A well-documented theme
The regular price of this theme is $59 which comes with 6months of support. However, you can extend the support for another 12 months for $17.63.
Listable is a Directory WordPress theme that comes with powerful listing card systems. So, if you are looking to create a yellow-page website with listings for local businesses or an online directory site, you can trust this theme.
Another great feature of this one-column WordPress theme is it is extensible, so while it doesn’t bumfuzzle with multiple options, it offers you the option to add new features and functionality with multiple free plugins whenever you need them.
On top of the flexibility, you will also get the option to monetize your website by leveraging the seamless WooCommerce compatibility that this theme provides.
Key Features of Listable
- Comes with an appealing style preset that you can easily use
- Customize and build a website without any coding
- Can edit the theme with drag-and-drop technology
- Can watch a live preview while you edit
- The team is helpful and frequently updates the theme
- The documentation is easy to follow
$85 with 6 months of support from pixelgrade. For an additional price of $27.38, you can extend the support to 12 months.
Border is a one column photography theme with an intuitively designed interface. This theme was built keeping the photographer’s requirement in mind. So, whether you are a photographer who shoots landscapes, food, or people’s weddings, you can easily leverage themes to create your professional website.
This theme not only provides you with a beautiful layout to build your photography portfolio, but it also comes with great page transitional animation which adds an extra modern vibe to the website. Not to forget the slideshows and grid-based galleries that the theme offers to showcase your artwork.
Key Features of Border:
- Easy to use one-column theme
- Can embed YouTube or Vimeo video to gallery slider
- A WPML-compatible theme that looks great on all devices
- Can use custom fonts from the 600+ available Google Fonts
- Options to personalize the theme according to your needs
$75. The price includes 6 months of support. To extend support for extra 12 months, you need to pay $23.63 more.
4. White Rock
White Rock is a sophisticated one column WordPress theme that is designed to cater to people looking to create Restaurant & Winery websites. This theme has drag-and-drop editor compatibility which makes it super easy to customize the theme without any coding.
You can also embed premium-looking sliders on your site with this awesome one-column theme. Besides, you don’t have to worry about compatibility issues regarding popular browsers and page builders like visual composer, WP-Bakery, etc.
Moreover, you can easily get up and running with this theme as it provides a one-click demo importer at your disposal. In addition, it also supports mega menus. So, if you want to replace a site’s basic menu with a mega menu you can do that with this plugin.
Key Features of White Rock:
- The theme is easily customizable
- Compatible with Elementor page builder
- Your site will look good on any device
- Can make the header sticky
- Translatable into any language
- The team provides top-notch support
Costs $59 which includes 12 months of support.
If you are looking for a one column theme with a parallax effect for your creative agency website, then you can opt for North. This theme is highly customizable which makes it rather easy to personalize according to your needs.
The best part about this theme is that it comes with a unique design for the home page and on top of that has multiple versions you can choose from. Besides, this is also compatible with the online store builder – WooCommerce. So, you can easily use this theme for your eStore.
Moreover, this theme comes with a Visual composer editor which provides you with a drag-and-drop editor so you can edit your theme without any hassle. If you want to further enhance your site with an image gallery using plugins like Revolution Slider and Layer Slider.
Key Features of North
- Can use the theme’s compatibility with WPML to create a multilingual site
- Comes with easy-to-follow documentation and video
- Offers free updates for a lifetime
- Has 12 different versions of the demo
- 100% device responsive theme
You can get the regular license for $59 with 6 months support.
If you are looking for a simple yet elegant theme to build an online store, then you can pick Oxygen. This is a WooCommerce theme that comes with an abundance of customization options to create a stunning eStore.
An amazing feature of this theme is it offers WPBakery Page Builder premium plugin and Slider Revolution for absolutely free with this plugin. Besides, this theme is super responsive and lets you create a retina-ready website with high-resolution images.
Moreover, the theme is also translation ready which empowers you to create a multilingual WooCommerce store in a few minutes. Besides, it shows the lookbook in a scrollable manner which provides a great experience for users.
Key Features of Oxygen:
- Provides customers to view product details with a quick view module
- It’s a completely touch-optimized WordPress theme.
- Contact store page has 3 options: satellite, hybrid, and streetview
- Built with bootstrap 3 and CSS (compiled in LESS)
- Customers can add products to their wishlist
- There is a cart option on top so users can anytime view the cart
The regular license is $59 with 6 months of support.
Also Read: Best Free WooCommerce Themes To Try
7. Simple Key
Simple Key is one of the best one column WordPress themes for a portfolio site, landing page, or any business website. This popular theme provides Revolution Slider and WPBakery Page Builder to make website customization a cakewalk.
Moreover, it offers a bunch of shortcodes to showcase portfolios, team introductions, price tables or post sliders, etc. Furthermore, you can create your website in no time with the theme’s one-click demo importer.
Besides, the availability of a visual composer allows you to edit both the front and back end of your website without any coding. This theme does not just work effortlessly for the admin/editor, it’s one page with a smooth scrolling effect that makes website navigation easier for end customers as well.
Key Features of Simple Key:
- 32+ custom shortcodes to add various sections to your website
- Can customize background color for each section
- Works great with WPML
- Detailed documentation
- Ajax contact form integration
A regular license costs $39 with 6 months of support from FocuxTheme.
Well, this is the end of this blog where we have listed down the best one column WordPress theme with their details and prices. As you have seen, different themes are designed for different purposes or businesses.
So, the question shouldn’t be what’s the best one column WordPress theme but rather what’s the best one column theme for your business.
We have provided you with the key features so you can answer the latter question yourself. However, if you have any questions regarding any of the themes, ask us in the comment box.
Also, if you have any favorite one column themes that we haven’t added to this list, do let us know.